Another bank holiday weekend and we had a very productive morning. My wife and daughter cleared the strawberry bed of dandelions, couch grass and mares tails whilst I did the same to the raspberry bed. I then put barley straw around the strawberry plants and sorted out the netting. The plot is looking a lot tidier now with nearly a third being worked on or about to be. There are quite a lot of strawberry plants and raspberry canes so hopefully we should get lots of fruit. I’ve met all the neighbours now and have found out more about the plot and what grows well. It’s a very friendly site. You just have to be careful to not spend too much time chatting.